Monday, March 20, 2006

Welcome to mattfugate.com, Mach III. I decided to remove the family pictures I had on the old site. I know there has always been a contingent of visitors to my site that fall under the "friends and family" category, and I regret that this distancing is necessary, but don't fret -- I'm too freaking narcissistic to not keep you up to date. There just won't be any pictures of my family, just stories. Want pictures of my wife & kids? Send me an email and if I know you, I'll be more than happy to send you more than you could possibly want.

As I looked at the task of de-familifying the site, I realized that the family pictures were pretty well entwined with the rest of the stuff in the old site, like dandelion roots in the earth. So, rather than attempt to ease the references out individually, I decided to give it all one good yank and toss it all, dirt clods and all. If you've ever seen nastiness that is the root structure of a dandelion, you'll realize that this is not the most charitable description of my old site.

Regardless, for better or for worse, the old site is gone gone gone. mattfugate.com Mach III is smoother and simpler. It puts the standup on equal footing with the blogging, where it belongs. The old site was great if you wanted to read about me and my kids and about once a month see a new logo incorporating some seasonal image (I always enjoyed that), but if you were a booker or potential corporate client, it had unprofessional written all over it.

Don't fret, I'll still be blogging. As a matter of fact, I've taken this opportunity to finally employ a Web-based blog editor. Theoretically, this will result in more posting.

Keep your fingers crossed on that.

No comments: